Construction Management and Inspection Services
S2 Engineering has provided quality construction management and construction inspection services for public works projects throughout California, including high-profile projects such as the I-215 Realignment & Widening Project for SANBAG and the I-5 Corridor Improvement Project for Caltrans. We understand that construction managers are the linchpin of construction projects, thus our professionals have vast experience in setting up estimates, budgets & the construction timetable, and developing a construction strategy. We ensure that every construction project we oversee complies with all codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements. When delays or problems occur – as they commonly do – the S2 Team is always ready to make the changes required to move the project past the issue. Some of the duties we excel at include:
- Preparation of cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to other professionals
- Report work progress and budget matters to clients
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction specialists
- Select, schedule, and coordinate subcontractor activities
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
Materials Testing Services
S2 Engineering and its staff have consistently provided high quality materials sampling and testing services to Caltrans and various other public agencies within Caltrans 7, 8, and 11 jurisdictions over the last twelve years (see Caltrans District 8 On-Call Material Testing and Caltrans District 7 On-Call Material Testing). We offer a wide range of testing that varies from sampling, batch plant inspection, field testing, laboratory testing, sampling and testing on QC/QA projects, and mix design verifications.
Caltrans District 7 and District 8 have independently evaluated S2 Engineering on its performance in providing on-call A&E Material Testing & Sampling Services. S2 Engineering was graded as meeting “above requirement” goals in providing creative cost control measures, technical performance, and project management. Additionally, S2 was graded as “superior” in responsiveness and level of effort in its performance.